Gaza: Israel kills scores in Jabalia, amid expanding offensive

Views:

At least 50 Palestinians have been killed on Wednesday across several Israeli attacks on the territory, including on an UNRWA clinic housing the displaced in Jabalia.

At least 22 were killed in the attack, including nine children, Gaza’s government office said.

“We condemn in the strongest terms the continuation of the Israeli occupation’s genocide against civilians and displaced people, and we condemn this barbaric attack that targeted deliberately medical facilities and humanitarian areas,” the office said.

Several other attacks too place in Gaza on Wednesday, including on Khan Younis, Rafah and the Nuseirat refugee camp.

This came after Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz vowed to expand the military operation in the Gaza Strip, saying the army would seize “large areas” of the Palestinian territory.

In a statement on Wednesday, Katz said the army would expand its presence in Gaza to “destroy and clear the area of terrorists and terrorist infrastructure”.

The expanded operation would “seize large areas that will be incorporated into Israeli security zones”, he said, without saying how much territory Israel would take.

The health ministry in Gaza said on Tuesday that 1,042 people had been killed in the territory since Israel resumed military operations last month, bringing the overall toll since the war began on October 7, 2023 to at least 50,399 people.

La source de cet article se trouve sur ce site

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

SHARE:

spot_imgspot_img