Israel expands ground offensive in Gaza City, scores killed

Views:

Israeli forces launched a new ground offensive in Gaza City, the military said Friday, expanding their operations as scores continue to be targeted and killed across the enclave.

The Israeli army said ground troops were operating in the Shujaiya area “in order to expand the security zone” established inside the Palestinian territory.

Thousands of people fled the area following an Israeli evacuation order on Thursday, AFPTV footage showed. The civil defence agency said Israeli military operations across Gaza killed at least 30 people on Friday, including 25 in a single strike on Khan Younis.

Gaza’s health ministry said 1,249 people have been killed since Israel resumed intense bombing last month, bringing the overall death toll since the war began to 50,609, most of them women and children.

In Lebanon, a US envoy is meeting with top officials on Saturday to discuss the fragile ceasefire with Israel amid ongoing attacks on Lebanese territory, as Washington pushes Beirut for talks with Tel Aviv on demarcating the border.

La source de cet article se trouve sur ce site

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

SHARE:

spot_imgspot_img